STRAWBERRY COCONUT PANCAKES
1/3-cup 0% Greek Yogurt
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
1/3 cup Spelt Pancake Mix or see notes for alternative
1/2 tsp. coconut sugar or regular sugar
1/2 cup strawberries, fresh, diced
1/2 cup strawberries, cut up
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 tsp. coconut extract
1. Mix Greek Yogurt, Egg Whites, and Coconut Extract into a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine Pancake Mix and sugar (or Flour, Baking Soda, & Salt see notes for ingredients)
3. Combine and whisk till evenly mixed
4. Fold in 1/2 cup strawberries
5. Place 1/4-cup batter onto non-stick skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip.
6. ***For topping***
7. Add 1/2 cup strawberries in the microwave and cook for about 15 seconds, mash with a fork, and cook for another 15 seconds until soft.
8. Meanwhile in a small bowl, add 1/4 cup greek yogurt with coconut extract. Mix until combined.
9. Top pancakes with greek yogurt and top with warmed strawberries.
Alternative to Complete Pancake Mix: 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, Dash of Salt. OR I used GLUTEN FREE pancake mix and added milk that mix called for, recipe still turned out great!